Monday, January 1, 1990

1990

Discuss 1990 Gravatt Tunes

Gravatt Tunes 1990 (For Real) Vol.1
Get Up-REM
What a Wonderful World
Can't Touch This
What it Takes
Puff
D'yer Mak'er
Hotel California
Love Shack
Talk About the Passion
YMCA
Straight to Hell
Birdhouse in Your Soul
Radio Free Europe
I would die 4 U
Rock the Casbah
Superman
Blister in the Sun
Blowin' in the Wind
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Melt with You
Turning Japanese
American Pie

Gravatt Tunes 1990 (For Real) Vol. II:
Pride (in the name of love)
Crazy for You
Can't Fight this Feeling
Roxanne
Jack & Diane
Peter Peter
Mac & Jan
It's the End of the World...
Strange Fire
You've Got a Friend
Stairway
Friends

8 comments:

SoJo said...

I request that for 1990 (I think!) we also get the list for "Polar Bear with Anna and Jen." The only track I remember is Wake Up by REM. But it was a great tape.

the holly said...

hmmm...i have this somewhere - i know i remember seeing it not too long ago. methinks there was love shack by the B52's, birdhouse in your soul by they might be giants, honeysuckle blues (or was that '89??). i'll be back with more.

Jen said...

OK, in 1990 there was a Gravatt Tunes that someone made, then Anna made a two volume "Gravatt Tunes 1990 For Real" which I have.

Jen said...

I'll also post the aforementioned Polar Bear list.

Jen said...

Gravatt Tunes 1990 (For Real) Vol.1
Get Up-REM, What a Wonderful World, Can't Touch This, What it Takes, Puff, D'yer Mak'er, Hotel California, Love Shack, Talk About the Passion, YMCA, Straight to Hell, Birdhouse in Your Soul, Radio Free Europe, I would die 4 U, Rock the Casbah, Superman, Blister in the Sun, Blowin' in the Wind, Should I Stay or Should I Go, Melt with You, Turning Japanese, American Pie

Jen said...

Gravatt Tunes 1990 (For Real) Vol. II:
Pride (in the name of love), Crazy for You, Can't Fight this Feeling, Roxanne, Jack & Diane, Peter Peter, Mac & Jan, It's the End of the World..., Strange Fire, You've Got a Friend, Stairway, Friends

Jen said...

So, "Mac & Jan" is to the tune of "Jack & Diane" and was the first song written by the perm. staff, performed at the final talent show, to commemorate our summer. We did it every year in the early 90s.
Other tunes worth storytelling: Can't Touch This-- didn't we say that about our awesome staff?
What a Wonderful World- one of Mac's faves
YMCA- I can only think of Mac

SoJo said...

If we can't get Mac & Jan on MP3, I propose a remake at the next reunion. Christine and I both have all the words in our scrabooks, and I can't hear Jack and Diane without singing our words! 1990 WAS AN AWESOME STAFF (right Jen?).